Mark your Calendar for Saturday, October 7, 2023!
The Rock Island Ride is a charity bicycle ride featuring routes of varying distance in Chickasha, Oklahoma. This event is held in the first week of October in conjunction with the Rock Island Arts Festival and the Oklahoma Food Truck Championship. Helmets are required to participate and those who pre-register will receive a t-shirt. Come enjoy a beautiful fall day while touring Chickasha. After the ride, head to the food trucks on the main streets and kick back and relax!
10-Mile Road Route:
Fun town tour ride! Family friendly!
For the 10-mile road ride, there will be a rest stop at miles 3 and 6.
28-Mile Road Route:
Mostly flat ride recommended for casual cyclists.
For the 28-mile road ride, there will be a rest stop at mile 13.
42-Mile Gravel Route:
Hilly gravel ride recommended for gravel riders.
For the 42-mile gravel ride, there will be rest stops at miles 12 and 29.
The route is about 60% good gravel and about 40% percent paved. There is no sand on this route and it does include some hills.
54-Mile Road Route:
Hilly road ride recommended for experienced cyclists.
For the 54-mile road ride, there will be rest stops at miles 13, 29, and 39.
62-Mile Gravel Route:
Very hilly gravel ride recommended for experienced cyclists.
For the 62-mile gravel ride, there will be rest stops at miles 32 and 49.
The route is about 70% unpaved and about 30% percent paved. The first half of the route is very hilly and the second half is fairly flat with some easier hills. Most of the unpaved portion of the route is gravel. The first half has a few short stretches that may be sandy if it is very dry as well as some hard pack dirt.
63-Mile Road Route:
Very hilly road ride recommended for experienced cyclists.
For the 63-mile road ride, there will be rest stops at miles 13, 29, 39, 49.
1. KOM/QOM prizes only available to registered riders on the 28, 54, and 63 mile road routes. (for the 28 mile riders ONLY the sprint is available, NOT the climb).
2. Your ride must be uploaded to Strava by 10 pm on the day of the event (Oct. 1st).
3. Segments must be ridden between the hours of 9 AM and 1 PM on the day of ride (Oct. 1st).
4. We will review the segments after the deadline and contact winners via the contact information provided on their registration. We will also recognize the winners on the Rock Island Ride Facebook page.
5. Only HUMAN powered bicycles are eligible. E-bikes or other bicycles with assist are NOT eligible for these prizes, but are welcome to ride.
6. Safety first! Any rider who endangers themselves or others will be disqualified from the KOM/QOM prizes.
7. Chickasha's Rock Island Ride has sole discretion in determining the KOM/QOM prizes. We reserve the right to disqualify any rider if we even suspect something is amiss.
Please have fun and stay safe.
There are a variety of areas to park (for free) around the Rock Island Depot. We suggest parking to the South and West of the Depot between 2nd and 4th streets along Kansas, Colorado, or Iowa Avenues. You can also utilize the grass parking South of the Depot. In addition, there are a variety of designated parking areas downtown. Please be courteous when you park as the number of visitors will increase as the day goes on due to the other events. Also note that Chickasha Ave will be closed for the events. We recommend turning on Kansas or Colorado from 4th Street (Route 81) to access parking.
Food and Entertainment:
We hope you have a great ride and encourage you to spend some time at the other events that are held in conjunction with the ride including the Rock Island Arts Festival and the Oklahoma Food Truck Championship. Both events are happening in the same area as the start of the ride. We also encourage you to support the local merchants who support our event.